You may not remember it now, but as children, we were innately wired to giggle and laugh hundreds of times a day! So what happened? As adults life just got more serious didn’t it….and laughter just became less frequent.
Turns out that seeking out more ways to have a laugh really isn’t hard, and during the process you can improve your emotional health, strengthen your connections with others…and even add years to your life! What’s not to love about that?
So rather than take up your valuable time banging on about all the benefits of laughter, we thought we would simply suggest some ways you can inject more giggles into your days…there’s even a few in there provided by Infinite team members…
- Befriend a funny person or try to surround yourself with people with a good sense of humour
- Organise a catch up with friends you know only deal out high happy vibes
- Find a comedian you find funny and watch them on YouTube or better yet go to a stand up comedy night. Even the bad comedians are funny – just based on how cringeworthy they are!
- Force yourself to laugh. It will feel weird at first but it really does work!
- Watch funny cat, dog or animal videos
- Start a joke jar with your family or friends
- Save funny quotes or memes on your phone as a quick go to when you want a pick me up
- Try laughter meditation or laughter yoga
- Open a TikTok account. Don’t worry, there’s no need to share anything of your own but a quick scroll through the app will gift you a whole array of quick light videos that are guaranteed to tickle your fancy. And the more you watch and ‘like’ videos the more you will be delivered that will cater to your sense of humour. Technology is getting pretty intuitive these days!
- Go into your local newsagency and have a browse of their funny card section – some of them are laugh out loud hilarious
- Find a funny kid to hang out with, or just kids in general. They innocently see the funny side of everything… and gee they say the darndest thangs!
- Get a pet to hang out with. Animals do funny things all the time.
- Smile more! Sounds simple but smiles are also infectious so test out a smile on a random stranger or two and see how it feels
- Get a joke of the day calendar
- Learn some funny jokes you can share with others. There’s nothing more infectious than someone else’s uncontrollable laughter – especially if you are the source of the laughter!
- People watch. Because people can often be pretty funny to observe
- Listen to fun upbeat music that makes you wanna boogie
- Find a funny podcast to listen to in the car or while you go about your daily chores
- Watch re-runs of an old sitcom you loved in your youth – turns out our sense of humour doesn’t evolve that much as we get older, and funny is still funny no matter what the era!