We appreciate that the ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) around the world may be concerning for you, and we want to assure you that Infinite Care are taking the current situation very seriously. We are, at all times, committed to maintaining the health and safety of our residents and staff.
COVID-19 is a new virus and scientists are still learning about its characteristics, including the required incubation period, and how the virus is being transferred.
We note that guidelines regarding best practice containment for COVID-19 are developing and changing daily. As such, we are consistently monitoring the situation through the Department of Health, who are leading Australia’s response and developing recommendations for Aged Care providers.
If you are an Infinite Care staff member, please read about your role in preventing the spread of the virus here: Letter to staff
If you are an Infinite Care Resident, Family Member or Visitor, please read about your role in preventing the spread of the virus here: Letter to residents and families
The Department of Health (DoH) have also provided advice for residents and staff:
- Residents, family members or visitors to our aged care homes, please click here.
- Staff members, please click here.
Along with the measures Infinite Care have put in place we also ask for the cooperation of our residents and their families to ensure that appropriate safety measures are taken to protect our vulnerable residents.
We have displayed notices of advice regarding COVID-19 at our facilities and ask that you help us protect our residents and staff by adhering to these requirements.
- We have limited our visiting hours to between 10am and 2pm.
- We are encouraging visitors to consider other means of contact with residents where possible (phone, video calls, or utilising our Message Your Loved One option).
- All visitors to our facility must undergo a health screening check before they can access our sites.
- Any family members, visitors, suppliers or staff members who have recently been overseas, travelled on a cruise ship, or been in close contact with someone who has, will not be able to visit our home for at least 14 days from their day of arrival back in Australia.
- Hand hygiene is one of our strongest defences. All visitors and team members must sanitise their hands at the hand sanitising stations at the entrances to our home before coming inside. As an extra precaution, we have increased hand hygiene and infection control practices inside our home.
- If you experience flu-like symptoms (such as fever, cough, respiratory symptoms), please do not visit our facilities. Ensure you seek medical attention, even if you feel you are most likely suffering the effects of a cold or other respiratory illnesses.
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing and dispose of tissues safely.
- If you are unwell avoid close contact with others.
Please refer to the Australian Government Department of Health website if you would like further general information on Coronavirus. https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.